Top 5 Hiking Sandals for Women, Yes even if you are 50 or older.
Gone are the days of this hippie hiking barefooted, my feet are too tender now. Now I hike in comfortable sandals. We love hiking when the weather starts getting warm. However, hiking in boots isn't always fun. We started checking out reviews and talking with other hippie hikers to come up with our Top 5 Hiking Sandals.
Factors to Consider Before Purchasing Hiking Sandals
- Type of Hiking: You must consider which sandals are ideal for easy trails, flat trails, moderate trails, mountain trails or trails that cross rivers.
- Toe protection: Whenever you are planning to go for a hike, you need to find a pair that will have some toe protection depending on where you are going for a hike. Many trails have roots, rocks, sticks and other objects that can injure your toes or foot. You need to get a good sandal that has toe protection.
- Fit: The fit is also another essential factor to look when you buying any footwear. You need a comfortable sandal that comes with adjustable straps that can be adjusted to fit your feet. I buy sandals that offer cushioning and support.
5. Teva Women's Tirra Sandal
Teva Women's Sandal. Treated with microban, a zinc-based antimicrobial technology that helps prevent stink. Avoid exposure to high temperatures and prolonged periods in direct sunlight
The Tirra by Teva was designed specifically for a woman's foot in order to provide unmatched comfort and performance in the water. With its unmistakably feminine strap configuration and multiple adjustment options for a secure fit, the Tirra can tackle any obstacle with ladylike grace – just like you. The rubber outsole offers uncompromised grip and a water-channeling lug pattern helps to maintain solid footing.
4. Gold Pigeon Shoes Signature Sandal: Comfort Walking Ergonomic Flip Flops, Slides & Sandals for Women
- Different styles to chose from on Amazon
- Ergonomic sole provides cushioning & flexibility with support for all day comfort. Contoured bedding for lite arch support. Shock-absorbing
- Sandal: Easy on/off SNAP LOCK magnetic closure, stainless steel coated, rustproof, safe & secure. Adjustable toe, ankle heel straps for best fit & comfort. Convertible heel strap to wear as slide sandals.
- Slip-on Slides:: Adjustable straps. Great for outdoor activities or as indoor slippers
- Waterproof. Quick Dry. Machine washable. BPA free. Slip-resistant wet and dry. Textured foot bed provides extra foot grip when wet.
3. Teva Women's Original Universal Sandal
From a grand canyon raft in 1984 to docks, stoops, and sidewalks around the world, one of teva's very first sandal stands as a testament to timeless comfort and utilitarian style.
Teva is an authentic icon in the outdoor industry. Founded in the early 1980's by a Colorado River guide, Teva pioneered the sport-sandal category. For more than 20 years on rivers, in canyons, and across the trails of the great outdoors, athletes and enthusiasts have traveled the globe comfortably and confidently in Teva footwear. Providing positive contributions to the world in which we play is at the core of everything Teva stands for. The Teva name itself is a Hebrew word meaning "nature" and the hand logo is the Hopi symbol for "friendship" and "water." Teva supports the outdoor athletic lifestyle and remains committed to innovation in outdoor performance footwear, the platforms which carry enthusiasts beyond the offices of the day-to-day and onto the rivers, trails, and canyons of the next adventure.
2. ECCO Women's Yucatan Sandal
Versatile design features make this sturdy nubuck upper sandal great for outdoor wear. Lightweight with a specially designed tread pattern provides optimum comfort. Feet stay fresh with the stretch-fit material lining. Sole has been created to ensure increased support and wear ability. Superior grip and traction on outdoor terrain.
ECCO is a European shoe company founded in Denmark in 1963. Today they own and operate factories throughout Europe and Asia. They produce all the leather used in making Ecco shoes, taking measures to protect the environment at the same time. Their sole aim is to make a comfortable walking shoe.
1. KEEN Women's Whisper Sandal
From hidden coves to rushing rivers, the Whisper sandal from KEEN can manage any water-filled day. The quick draw elastic cord lacing system adjusts to a comfortable and secure fit. The washable polyester upper features the odor-reducing Aegis Microbe Shield®. The foot-cushioning EVA molded footbed provides comfort on the go.